I know, I know--it's past the middle of January already. But I'm still catching up on my Google Reader. Having started my own faux finishing business 4 years ago, I follow marketing blogs as well as art blogs. My business plans have taken a different turn, but I find all sorts of useful information in the marketing blogs.
Seth Godin's comment in his Happy New Year post is aimed at small businesses. But I think it works for Life as well:
Duct Tape Marketing had a blog post titled Don't Be Boring talking about social networking sites. But again, I think the comment works for Life:
Escape from Cubicle Nation gave a "few tips for allowing yourself to focus on one thing at a time so you really can accomplish your dreams (or at least start them!) this coming year." Read the full post for more details, but here is the basic list:
- Make The Big List.
- Think about your deeper contribution, purpose or mantra for the year.
- Cross off anything from the list that does not directly serve your deeper purpose.
- Create a simple 4x4 grid with one square for each quarter.
- Map your activities into the squares.
- Get your massive plan down to a very short list which you can start in January.
- Celebrate every little accomplishment.
Lots of good tools to help make 2009 a year of accomplishments.